Play bowls in Bedfordshire? – visit Great Barford Bowls & Petanque Club
Click here to find out where we are
The latest guidance from Bowls England
setting out the conditions under which we may safely play bowls after 12th April. The key points are set out below.
- Outdoor hospitality can open in accordance with the government guidance on hospitality settings. The rule of six or two households applies when consuming refreshments.
- Changing rooms can be opened, but participants should be encouraged to avoid or minimise use where possible. Participants should socially distance whilst in changing rooms. Subject to available space, more than one household can use changing facilities at one time but they must not mix and must adhere to capacity limits set by the club. Face coverings should be worn at all times when indoors
- Travel should be minimised but can take place for the purpose of sport and physical activity. Car sharing, however, is not permitted
- Spectators are only allowed on public land, where they must adhere to social gathering limits either in groups of six or two households
- Further flexibility has been provided with regard to playing formats and arrangements. An overall limit of 24 players on the green applies.
I hope that you are all, like me, looking forward to the new season.
or you can just read Pat’s summary: