Holidays, work and sickness (get well soon Mike Whitlock and John Griffiths) have clearly all taken their toll on the work parties needed to ready the Club for the 2019 Season, and we are a little behind in some areas.
But Bill has been painting, Beryl weed-killing and I have been giving the green a haircut (it looks OK but needs a lower cut, scarifying and then some rain – which it may get it in the next few days).
A reminder of what’s going on over the busy next couple of weeks:
· Tomorrow, Wednesday 24 April – the Over -60s League Squad have a practice session lined up, but folks you will have to put out both the ditch mats and the rink markers
· Friday, 26 April Spoon Drive starting 5pm – Beryl, as ever, and Joe will be making sure this happens and Beryl is arranging burgers, hot dogs etc. (Have a good time)
· Saturday 27 April – Please support the Spring Coffee Morning at the Club, 10am to noon.
· Tuesday 30 April – 10 am to noon, working party to make sure the clubhouse and ground is ready for the first match of the season
· Thursday, 2/5 – first match vs. Bedford Priory at Home – we have just one place available for this match BUT I do need volunteers to prepare teas please.Anyone experienced willing to take their turn on the rota early??? (I’ll be sending the tea rota round soon)
· Saturday 4 May – second match vs. Eynesbury at Home – by contrast we have only 5 signed up and need 12: please sign up online ASAP (and let me know if for any reason you want to play and can’t sign up)
· Tuesday 7 May – 10 am to noon, it’s hedge cutting time and we’d appreciate any help we can get with that project.
· Thursday 9 May – we are hosting a match between Beds County and a North Essex touring side, before an evening match away to Russell Park in Bedford – again we need some players signed up please.
One more thing for you:
We are trying to start the internal competitions earlier this year and a lot of you have signed up for them already: I have put a list on the Notice Board, please add your name to the competitions you want to enter (or delete it as appropriate).
It’s a full time job this bowls, isn’t it?
Thanks for your help